Friday, April 1, 2011

#1 Pho Sho!

Number One Pho
3120 Superior Ave E
Cleveland, OH 44114-4343
(216) 781-1176
On these cold fall days we've been having lately, what's better than soup? Pho-tastic noodle soup in delicious beef or chicken broth, filled to the brim of the bowl, steaming hot, accompanied by fresh basil leaves, lime wedges, jalepenos and of course, bean sprouts!!! Ahhh, need I say more?!

Number One Pho, located on Cleveland's east side in its Asian hub, is a Vietnamese restaurant that boasts an amazingly expansive menu with lots to chose from (though mostly meat or fish dishes).
Images via Google Image search
My first dining experience was with a pho-aficionado, so naturally I let her chose a few things off the menu she thought I would be interested in. I narrowed it down to the Chicken Pho in Beef Broth, which was unbelievably divine! She had a beef-stew inspired Pho dish which I believed to be a little more heavy, but just as good. I do have to admit that when I initially glanced at the menu I had no idea what to order. I am not really knowledgeable on Vietnamese cuisine, but even if I had gone alone, the staff is extraordinarily friendly and will help narrow down your options based on what you like! The service was great- fast, attentive and polite, the atmosphere- relaxing, good ambiance, and the prices were unbeatable- I got two meals out of my $10 tab, tip included!

Definitely a goer for a first date, a lunch with mom or a great way to warm up on a cold day!
Pho-netics: {pho bo= beef} {pho ga= chicken}

No comments:

Post a Comment