Monday, March 28, 2011

Vegetarian-Friendly Hobo Empenadas

What You'll Need:
-1 medium sized sweet potato
-1/2 pkg of soy chorizo (available at Trader Joes)
-1 pkg of Pillsbury Cresent Rolls
-Chavrie Goats Cheese (or any preferred spreadable cheese)
What You'll Do:
-Cut the sweet potato into cubes and boil until soft
-Meanwhile cook soy chorizo in a small pan until browned
-Mash the sweet potato and add the chorizo, mix well and set aside
- Take each triangle of the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and spread thinly with the Chavrie
-Place a heaping spoonful of the potato/chorizo mix towards the end of the roll and roll!
-Bake at regular temperature and minutes as crescent roll package says
-Take out & Serve immediately!!

2 comments:

  1. sounds great, but goat cheese isn't vegan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri!!! Haha I feel like such a doof! I just whipped these up the day before yesterday for a party for my boyfriend and many of his friends are vegan- so I made "special" vegan ones that were just filled with sweet potato, garlic and pepper! I forgot that these were only vegetarian- durrrr me!

    ReplyDelete